DIY Heart Print Jeans
Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I thought I'd start the week off with this cute DIY to add to your closet. I stopped into Anthropolgie a few weeks ago and saw this pair of super cute heart printed jeans by AG Stevie. So I decided to try it myself. I am extremely happy with the results and they looked even better on!
Read further for step by step instructions on how to create this pair of Heart Print Jeans yourself!
- A pair of skinny/ankle cut jeans, mine are from American Eagle Outfitters.
- A fabric removeable pen/pencil
- A piece of thin cardboard
- White fabric paint
- Cosmetic sponge
1. Start by marking your jeans up to create a guide for your heart stencil. I made my hearts 2 inches apart. I started by marking one inch markings first though so that I got an idea of the spacing.
2. Cut a heart shape stencil from a small piece of cardboard and use this as your paint stencil.
3. Pour the fabric paint onto a plate and apply paint using a small cosmetic sponge, ensure to remove excess paint by dabbing onto a test sheet of paper.
4. Start stencilng from top to bottom, vertically.
5. I made my hearts all two inches apart, where I had space for a portion of a heart, I also tried to fill it in, i.e. along the seams. Once again I've made my hearts all 2 inches apart vertically and horizontally, and created a 'diagonal' grid type of pattern. Follow my image below if you're unsure.
6. Repeat on the other pant leg and try to be as symmetrical as you can. I found placing the legs side by side and taking a ruler and mearsuing across the two legs works the best.
Here you have it! What do you think?
Here are a few more shots of this DIY and my Outfit.
Jeans - DIY Heart Jeans, Shirt - Banana Republic, Fur Vest - Chloe (old), Shoes - Zara, Watch - Timex, Sunglasses - KayTran Eyewear ($75.00 off with coupon code 'secret' until Jan 21!) Jewlery - David Yurman, DIY gifted skull bracelet
Images by Kyle Higgins
I'd love to see some of you try this DIY, please post some of your projects up on my Facebook page.
What other ideas do you have for DIY printed jeans?
PS - if you were inspired by my project and posting up your own version on your blog, please ever so kindly credit my work, thanks so much for reading and being inspired! :)
Have a great Monday!
x natalie x